Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Hi!



My name is Milena. I'm 27 years old and I live in a litlle town on Adriatic sea coast. My interests are economy, sports, turism, cars, formula 1, Internet, love and a lot more. First of all I would like you to see some facts and pictures from my country but I'll also post interesting facts and pictures which I find on Internet.

For 1st post some facts about my county:

Croatia is located in Southern Europe. Its shape resembles that of a crescent or a horseshoe, which flanks its neighbours Sebia, Bosia and Hertzgovina and Montenegro. To the north lie Slovena and Hungary.Italy lies across the Adriatic Sea. Its mainland territory is split in two non-contiguous parts by the short coastline of Bosnia and Herzegovina around Neum.

Its terrain is diverse, including:

  • plains, lakes and rolling hills in the continental north and northeast (Central Croatia and Slavonia, part of the Pannonian plain);
  • densely wooded mountains in Lika and Gorski Kotar, part of the Dinaric Alps;
  • rocky coastlines on the Adriatic Sea (Istria, Northern Seacoast and Dalmatia).

The country is famous for its many national parks. Croatia has a mixture of climates. In the north and east it is continental, Mediterranean along the coast and a semi-highland and highland climate in the south-central region. Offshore Croatia consists of over one thousand islands varying in size.




No comments: